Youth Encounter is looking for a skilled and passionate male mentor to join the team based at Paengaroa in the WBOP area (15mins from Te Puke). A successful applicant will be able to strongly engage with at risk youth, building healthy connections and facilitate our strategic interventions through the mentoring relationship. Mentors at Youth Encounter are positive role models to support our young people and journey alongside them through life experiences..
- Provide guidance, advice, feedback, and support to the participant, serving as a role model.
- Set boundaries, challenge and encourage the participant towards their potential.
- Set goals and explore values with participants using the mentor facilitator guide.
- Plan activities and schedule in mentoring session dates and times with participants and their caregivers.
- Put into effect the individual client plans that are set in place for each participant.
For a full description of the roles responsible please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Demonstrates an understanding of Youth Encounters mission, vision and values.
- A Christian faith perspective.
- A passion to impact youth towards growing in their incredible potential.
- A growth mind-set and willingness for self-development.
- The ability to work as part of a team and follow instructions.
- Great leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning and self-management skills.
- Clear communication and presentation capabilities.
- A sound knowledge of the health and safety requirements and ethical practice working with young people.
- The ability to undertake all duties in a safe, planned and calm manner.
- Current NZ class 1 driver’s license.
Applicants must be willing to provide two forms of identification, undergo thorough reference checks and a police vetting. To apply for this position you must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. Applications close when the position is filled.
For more information or to submit your CV, please contact Tracey at email@example.com or 021 599 702, and see more about us at our website www.youthencounter.nz.