Mentoring Programme Coordinator Position
Youth Encounter is looking for a Mentoring Programme Coordinator to join the team based at Pongakawa in the BOP area (between Te Puke and Rotorua) to coordinate our mentoring programme to build trusting and positive relationships with mentors and participants to unleash and release the incredible potential in the young people of Aotearoa New Zealand. You will need to be comfortable working with a diverse group of people and have a heart to see young people encounter their God-given potential.
This is full time paid employment for 40 hours per week.
- Plan and coordinate the mentoring programme and its activities
- Support growth and program development
- Ensure implementation of Youth Encounter policies and procedures
- Manage communications through social media
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties
- Schedule and organise events/activities
- Prepare paperwork in accordance with safety requirements
- Keep updated records, data entry and create reports
The successful applicant will:
- Be a person who loves God and a willingness to grow in their faith
- Energetic and healthy to actively engage and participate with youth
- Have an understanding of working with at-risk youth
- Be available to work after hours and weekends, as required
- Has a current NZ class 1 license
- Demonstrate a high degree of health and safety understanding and its importance in risk-taking activities
- Have the ability to self-manage, and operate in a calm and professional manner under pressure
- Have great interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), ability to build meaningful relationships across all staff and stakeholders
Applicants must be willing to provide two forms of identification, undergo thorough reference checks and a police vetting. To apply for this position you must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
For more information or to submit your CV, please contact Tracey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 599 702, and see more about us at our website www.youthencounter.nz.
Applications will close when the position is full.
CLICK HERE to see more about our mentoring programme.
Youth Worker / Counsellor
Youth Encounter is looking for a Youth Worker / Counsellor to join the team based at Pongakawa in the BOP area (between Te Puke and Rotorua) to be part of our facilitation team delivering our activity based therapy and other programmes while building trusting and positive relationships with Youth Encounter staff and participants to unleash and release the incredible potential in the young people of Aotearoa New Zealand. You will need to be comfortable working with a diverse group of people and have a heart to see young people encounter their God-given potential.
This is part time paid employment with opportunities to progress into a full time role.