Programme Coordinator Position
We are looking for a Programme Coordinator to join the team based at Pongakawa in the BOP area (between Te Puke and Rotorua) to coordinate the Encounter Mentoring programme and build trusting and positive relationships with mentors and participants to facilitate the agreed outcomes. You need to be well organised and detail-oriented, comfortable working with a diverse team, have a high safety standard and a heart for young people to help us fulfill the organisations vision and mission whilst staying true to its values.
This is full time paid employment for 40 hours per week.
- Plan and coordinate the mentoring programme and its activities
- Mentor high level at-risk youth - mostly boys
- Support growth and program development
- Ensure implementation of policies and procedures
- Maintain budget and track expenditures and transactions
- Manage communications through social media
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties
- Schedule and organise events/activities
- Prepare paperwork in accordance with safety requirements
- Keep updated records, data entry and create reports
The successful applicant will:
- Be a person who loves God and a willingness to grow in their faith
- Energetic and healthy to actively engage and participate with youth
- Experience working with high level at-risk youth
- Proven experience as program coordinator or relevant position
- Knowledge of budgeting and reporting
- Be available to work after hours and weekends, as required
- Has a current NZ class 1 license
- Tech savvy
- Detail oriented, organised and efficient
- Demonstrate a high degree of health and safety understanding and its importance in risk-taking activities
- Have the ability to self-manage, and operate in a calm and professional manner under pressure
- Have great interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), ability to build meaningful relationships across all staff and stakeholders
- Have the ability to build a highly effective team of volunteers and lead by an example of serving
Applicants must be willing to provide two forms of identification, undergo thorough reference checks and a police vetting. To apply for this position you must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
For more information or to submit your CV, please contact Tracey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 599 702, and see more about us at our website www.youthencounter.nz.
Applications will close when the position is full.
CLICK HERE to see more about our mentoring programme.