Activity & Equipment Coordinator
Youth Encounter is looking for a Activity & Equipment Coordinator to join the team based at Pongakawa in the WBOP area (between Te Puke and Rotorua). This role will be coordinating our activities and the equipment required for the safe delivery of our youth programmes. They will need to be comfortable working with a diverse group of people and have a heart to see young people encounter their God-given potential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our fast growing team in full time paid employment of 40hrs per week – must be flexible to work weekends.
The successful applicant will:
- Be a person who loves God and want to grow in faith.
- Has experience and passion for dirt bike riding and surfing activities.
- A calling to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Have a current NZ class 1 license.
- Demonstrate a high degree of health and safety understanding and its importance in risk-taking activities.
- Have the ability to self-manage, and operate in a calm and professional manner when under pressure.
- Have great interpersonal and communication skills, ability to build meaningful relationships.
- Have the ability to train and lead other staff.
- Have high levels of energy to engage in a youth culture.
The role holder will be required to achieve the following outcome expectations:
- Manage all activity, instructor and equipment health and safety management systems and procedures.
- Risk identification, assessment and reporting into Youth Encounter safety management systems.
- Operate under the Operations Manager and take responsibility for other staff involved in activities.
- Lead activity safety meetings and attend other relevant staff meetings as required.
- Current First Aid certificate with the ability for further training and head up emergency situations.
- Coordinate activities, track bookings, and other resources required for activities.
- Coordinate all equipment, cleaning, checks, repairs and maintenance.
- Facility maintenance as required.
- Attend relevant internal and external training services provided by Youth Encounter.
Applicants must be willing to provide two forms of identification, undergo thorough reference checks and a police vetting. To apply for this position you must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
For more information or to submit your CV, please contact Tracey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 599 702, and see more about us at our website www.youthencounter.nz.
Applications will close when the position is full.